Friday, January 16, 2009

On Self Loathing

So while watching the Zach Galifianakis DVD with a good friend of mine last night I've come back to a old social observation that has been made millions of times over and I just thought why not expand on it a little in here. The amount to which we accept self loathing as normal thing in a persons life is in a way alarming. I believe that something as possibly detremental as self loathing and acceptance of such gives us a form of humility, another there cannot be darkness without light kind of situation. Even in music self loathing is prominent. I'm not just talking about obvious things like emo music or whatever, I've been listening to alot of Kevin Devine lately and while alot of his songs are very personal (sounding) there are some self loathing lyrics.
Well, either way, I realize that my shit's
About as small as it could be
But that makes me feel worse for even feeling
This bad in the first place
Maybe this is just situational for me but it seems that way at least.

Next Time: Beards, Facial Hair, and Power or Where to Next?

No comments:

Post a Comment